- Be respectful of others who use this site
- Stay on topic
- Keep comments concise
- Do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or provocative (this includes, but is not limited to, swearing and obscene or vulgar comments)
- Do not break the law (this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court)
- Do not use this site for party political purposes (this site is paid for with public money so it’s inappropriate to engage in party-political activity)
- Please do not post personal information in comments such as addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses or other online contact details, which may relate to you or other individuals
- Do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation
- Do not attempt to log on using another user’s account
- Do not make any commercial endorsement or promotion of any product, service or publication not relevant to the discussion
- Please do not use comments to purposefully promote your projects, websites or social media accounts
If you are aged 16 or under, please get the permission of your parent or guardian before participating. Users without this consent are not allowed to participate.
Blog comments are pre-moderated to check they comply with the GDS blog participation guidelines above. If comments don’t comply they will not be published.
Here's a brief outline of how we evaluate your comments:
Is your comment on topic? Does it add value to the discussion and can GDS answer publicly? If so, we will post a response within 24 hours.
Are you asking for information or detail related to another GDS channel eg is it a GOV.UK content query? If so, we’ll pass your comment on and ensure it's responded to as quickly as possible. We'll update you on the progress.
Does your comment raise an issue with a tool or transaction or is it reporting a bug or performance problem? If so, we'll alert the GDS team responsible and let you know when the issue has been fixed.
If your comment expresses frustration or anger at GDS, we'll refer your complaint to the digital engagement team or relevant department. We'll ensure it's responded to as quickly as possible.