Many departments across government are exploring questions of how they capture, organise, and share their research learning, with some departments recruiting digital librarians to build repositories. Here, Salma Patel shares a smaller scale solution she developed to meet the immediate needs in Ofsted.
Salma Patel - Head of User Research, Ofsted
Ofsted recently used a prototyping tool in an innovative way to learn how to simplify a complex form. Salma Patel, a senior user researcher at Ofsted, explains how they did it.
Related content and links
User research in government
This blog showcases the projects user researchers are working on across government in the UK.
It's what we're learning and thinking about and a place for us to share case studies and project updates.
- Conducting remote research with people with access needs
- How we developed a simple user research library at Ofsted
- User Research and COVID-19: crowdsourcing tools and tips for remote research
- Building your user research career: Trialling a “workshop in a box”
- What I learned at GDS: it really is all about people