The Government Digital Service has a long history of interaction design and user research working collaboratively. Here's 5 things we do well together to meet user needs and deliver great services.
Ned Thistlethwaite - Senior user researcher, GDS
Carrying out user research on the devices people actually use in real life - such as mobile phones and tablets - will help make the interactions you see in user research as natural as possible. Here's how we approach this.
Related content and links
User research in government
This blog showcases the projects user researchers are working on across government in the UK.
It's what we're learning and thinking about and a place for us to share case studies and project updates.
- How we use user research to inform Service Manual guidance
- GOV.UK Notify: a better way for user researchers to send messages
- Conducting remote research with people with access needs
- How we developed a simple user research library at Ofsted
- User Research and COVID-19: crowdsourcing tools and tips for remote research