Recently, we blogged about our research on how users feel about webchat, and the way we used roleplay to test human interactions in a webchat. Our third piece of research took us out of the lab.
In our recent webchat alpha we looked at whether there are common webchat needs across government. We also investigated what opportunities there might be to meet those needs in a more consistent way. This involved lots of user research including …
In our recent webchat alpha, we looked at whether there are common webchat needs across government, and what opportunities there might be to meet those needs in a more consistent way.
Related content and links
User research in government
This blog showcases the projects user researchers are working on across government in the UK.
It's what we're learning and thinking about and a place for us to share case studies and project updates.
- Conducting remote research with people with access needs
- How we developed a simple user research library at Ofsted
- User Research and COVID-19: crowdsourcing tools and tips for remote research
- Building your user research career: Trialling a “workshop in a box”
- What I learned at GDS: it really is all about people