Earlier this year we released the ‘Services and information’ page, a new way to access all services and information published by an organisation on GOV.UK.
At a recent all staff meeting, a guest speaker joked that GDS must be keeping the sticky note industry in business. It’s true to say, if you visit GDS, you're sure to see a wall covered with sticky notes somewhere.
Related content and links
User research in government
This blog showcases the projects user researchers are working on across government in the UK.
It's what we're learning and thinking about and a place for us to share case studies and project updates.
- How we use user research to inform Service Manual guidance
- GOV.UK Notify: a better way for user researchers to send messages
- Conducting remote research with people with access needs
- How we developed a simple user research library at Ofsted
- User Research and COVID-19: crowdsourcing tools and tips for remote research