In this blog TingTing Zhao and Steph Marsh and I talk about training we run at GDS to help wholes team be involved and own the research and insight we gain about users #UserResearch
Lead User Researcher
In this post Tingting Zhao, lead user researcher at GDS, provides some helpful tips and tricks for conducting better moderated usability tests.
The Service Performance team are working on a tool to give people standardised high-level metrics about all government services in one place. They needed to be able to define user needs for Service Performance throughout the project. Here's what they did.
At the end of last year, the Performance Platform team completed a (re)discovery project. We wanted to look at how people use data to improve performance. As part of this project we used Activity Theory to build personas.
Related content and links
User research in government
This blog showcases the projects user researchers are working on across government in the UK.
It's what we're learning and thinking about and a place for us to share case studies and project updates.
- Conducting remote research with people with access needs
- How we developed a simple user research library at Ofsted
- User Research and COVID-19: crowdsourcing tools and tips for remote research
- Building your user research career: Trialling a “workshop in a box”
- What I learned at GDS: it really is all about people