We look at how GDS defines usability and why we think effectiveness is more important than efficiency or satisfaction.
Hello, I’m a user researcher on the GOV.UK Notify team. For the past couple of months I have been doing research with developers to see how easy it is to integrate Notify with their services, and streaming the sessions back …
In our recent webchat alpha, we looked at whether there are common webchat needs across government, and what opportunities there might be to meet those needs in a more consistent way.
The GOV.UK Finding Things team is committed to improving the navigation across GOV.UK. We’ve already created a user-centered single taxonomy and improved our navigation design patterns.
We’re re-opening our search for a Head of User Research at GDS. This is a fantastic opportunity to build the government’s user research capability, and help make government services work well for all the people who need and use them.
This week I visited the Swiss government to talk about how we do user research for GOV.UK. And to explain how we foster a user-centred culture in GDS and across government by getting everyone involved in user research.
The Finding Things team recently ran a mock tagging workshop. We did this to learn how content designers apply subject tags to content to say what it’s about.
A few months ago, we wrote about the user research panel we’re building for GOV.UK. Since then, a lot of work has been done: we built the panel, the alpha service assessment has been passed, and we’re now going into private …
At the end of last year, the Performance Platform team completed a (re)discovery project. We wanted to look at how people use data to improve performance. As part of this project we used Activity Theory to build personas.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build the government’s user research capability, and help make government services work well for all the people who need and use them.
From February to April, the Standards team at GDS ran a discovery into the service assessment process. The aim was to understand what was working well and what was not working well.